Monday, March 22, 2010

Who knew?

When I decided I was going to visit Jeremy in Austin for Spring Break, I started doing research.

I'll give you a few guesses as to what I researched.

History?
Nope.

Art museums?
Nah.

Live music venues?
Sure didn't, despite the fact that my visit coincided with SXSW.

I researched breakfast tacos.

This is not entirely my fault. I started off just researching food--any and all kinds--but all everyone wants to talk about in Austin is breakfast tacos. So I played along--I read my fair share of blogs, websites, and magazines. Tacos versus burritos, bacon versus chorizo, egg versus potato.

I mean, doesn't everyone do breakfast burritos? And aren't they the same as breakfast tacos? I've had a burrito or two from Parker's here in Savannah, and it wasn't too bad, but it was no biscuit.

But hey, I'm always game. So I started out the week with a couple of different breakfast tacos from different places--some at the farmer's market booth, some at a coffee shop, and I'm going to say it: I was unimpressed. They were perfectly edible, and tortillas are quite handy for making ingredients portable, but I just didn't get it.

I didn't get it, at least, until Jeremy and I pulled up to this spot on Friday morning.











To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment